You’re probably used to getting Mexican-themed recipes from me. Well, here’s another one! This time, I do a remix on lasagna. And it’s pretty easy to put together!
Salsa Verde Lasagna (Makes 9 servings)
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 12.5-oz. cans of chicken
- 2 16-oz. jars of salsa verde
- 1.5 cups of reduced-fat cheese
- Minced garlic, to taste
- Diced onion (dessicated), to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain chicken and place in a large bowl. Break into chunks. Add one jar of salsa verde, and the garlic, onion and salt; mix well.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray, and add salsa verde from the second jar to the pan, about one-third of the jar, more than enough to cover the bottom.
- Add 3 lasagna noodles, top with a third of the chicken mixture. Add 3 more noodles, top with another third of the remaining chicken mixture. Add 3 more noodles, top with the rest of the chicken mixture.
- Add the final 3 noodles. Top with the remaining salsa verde. Top with the cheese.
- Bake until noodles are tender.
With a salad or a side of vegetables, this is a reasonable Weight Watchers meal. To tone down the heat of the salsa, you could mix in fat-free sour cream to the chicken and salsa mixture, or top your serving of the lasagna with 1/4 cup of fat-free sour cream. Buen provecho!