‘Tis the season for those small fruits with the big benefits, berries. Rich in antioxidants, and other important nutrients, I’ve been taking advantage of the abundance of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries to give my diet a sweet/tart kick.
Here are some ideas for berries:
- Eat them raw.
- Mash them and serve them on top of fat-free vanilla ice cream..
- Mash them, mix with a little Splenda, and serve them in a peanut butter sandwich.
- Eat them in cereal.
- Whip them into a smoothie.
- Incorporate their puree, with some Splenda, into lemonade.
- Add them to a salad. Keep the other flavors light so the berry flavor shines through.