Here are two different ways I’ve cooked buffalo chicken breast:
- chicken breast (approximately 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cans of fat-free chicken broth
- hot sauce to taste (I probably used about half a cup)
Place everything in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken, shred, return to sauce.
- frozen grilled chicken breast slices
- 1 T canola oil
- hot sauce to taste (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
- butter sprinkles to taste (optional)
Place still frozen chicken in a nonstick saucepan. Add oil, hot sauce and butter sprinkles (if using). Cook everything until chicken is thawed and heated through.
I have eaten the chicken on a bed of lettuce, chopped celery and shredded carrot as a salad, or in a multigrain flatbread wrap, with baby spinach, as a sandwich. Either way, to save on fat and calories, go with a light blue cheese dressing as an accompaniment.